Hours of Operation:
9:00 - 5:00 EST
15370 CR 565A, Ste C
Groveland, FL 34736
Jason Ruona, President
- Born in:
- Marquette, Michigan
- Date of Birth:
- October 9
- Clermont, FL
- Started racing:
- R/C car:
- Tamiya Clod Buster
- R/C race car:
- Team Losi JRX-T
- Team driver order:
- T-shirt and car carrier bag
- Georgia State Championship (2wd)
- Play vehicle:
- Clod Buster
- Race vehicle 'past':
- Race vehicle 'present':
- BJ4 Worlds Edition
- Race track:
- Lake Park - Tampa, FL / So-Cal Raceway (Garden Grove)
- R/C battle:
- Pavidis vs. Kinwald
- Role model:
- My Parents
- Michael Jordan
- Quick Change
- TV show:
- Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Steak or Chicken
- Sponsored by Team Associated since 1992
- Raced for Team Losi for 2 years
- Flame and checker board paint job since 1993
- Seen almost all classic R/C race battles live or on video
- Had a pit 'mom' for many years
- Worked in family-owned construction business with father
- One sister, Kristie, has 2 children (Brendan and Sara)
- Driving style has been referred to as 'Smooth Operator'
Racing History:IFMAR World Championships:
- 1995 IFMAR World Championships, Yatabe Arena, Japan, 12th place 4wd modified.
- 1996 On-road IFMAR World Championships, Pomona, CA, 1/10th scale 13th place.
- 1997 Off-Road IFMAR World Championships, Pomona, CA, 7th place overall in the 2wd buggy class.
- 1999 Off-Road IFMAR World Championships, Finland, 7th place overall in the 2wd buggy class.
- 2003 Off-Road IFMAR World Championships, Clearwater, FL, qualified 5th and finished 9th in 2wd buggy class.
- 2003 Off-Road IFMAR World Championships, Clearwater, FL, finished 13th overall in the 4wd class with the BJ4x4 JConcepts 4wd buggy.
- 2005 Off-Road IFMAR World Championships, Collegno, Italy, finished 17th in 2wd buggy class.
- 5- time Reedy Race of Champion invitational class competitor.
- 10- time A-main finalist in the modified buggy and truck classes including, 3- 2nd place finishes in truck.
- 9- time A-main finalist in the modified buggy, truck and 4wd classes including a 2nd place finish in the buggy and 4wd classes and a 3rd place finish in the truck class.
- 3- time Roar Nitro truck A-main finalist.
- 2- time Nitro truck A-main finalist.
- 10- time Georgia state champion.
- 10- time Florida regional champion.
- Multi-time state series race winner electric buggy, 4wd and truck, 1/10th nitro truck, 1/8th buggy and touring car.
Allison Read, Sales and MarketingA Florida native, Allison grew up in the Daytona Beach area where she lived with her parents and one brother and one sister. She later graduated from the University of South Florida with her Bachelor's in Mass Communications.
Allison has worked in sales and marketing for some top Florida companies, including a non-profit hospital. Before coming to JConcepts, Allison specialized in internet marketing, advertising and project management for Orlando based firms. Working with nationally recognized clients, she has been able to increase sales and create and implement individual campaign strategies.
Paul Wynn, Research & Development
- Work and race for JConcepts
- Worked and raced for Schumacher 7+ years
- Race both on-road and off-road
- My father had his own motor company, Redline Modifieds, which was the only other motor company Joel Johnson raced
- First sponsor was Reedy/ Team Associated back in 1987
- Worked in family-owned Distribution company
Racing History:IFMAR World Championships:
- 1992 On-road IFMAR World Championships, Pomona, CA; 21st overall 10th scale modified.
- 1996 On-road IFMAR World Championships, Pomona, CA, 9th overall 12th scale modified.
- 1998 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, England, 23rd overall 10th scale modified.
- 2004 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Kissimmee, FL, 42nd overall sedan modified.
- 2006 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Turin, Italy, sedan modified.
- 1994 4wd modified open class 3rd place.
- Qualified for invite class every year with the best finish being tied for 10th overall.
- Multiple A-main finalists in the stock buggy and modified truck classes.
- Multiple A-main finalist in the 10th & 12th classes including a 2nd place finish in the 10th scale modified class.
- Qualified 3rd in modified truck and finished 9th.
- Multiple A-main finalists in pro-modified sedan.
- Multiple Region titles on-road & off-road.
- 6-Time Florida State on-road champion modified 10th scale and sedan.